Our founder and principal at D&M Research, Derek Jones, is a regular presenter of research findings to clients, as well as national and international conferences. He is often asked to comment on his social research in the press including newspapers and radio. Derek is a seasoned educator for The Research Society and guest lecturer at University of New South Wales and Western Sydney University.
In late March, Derek will be presenting the Fundamentals of Quantitative Research course on behalf of The Research Society. This course provides an introduction to the role and basic methods of quantitative research.
It offers an overview of how quantitative research can help solve marketing and business problems, what methods of quantitative research are available and how to choose which method is the more appropriate.
If you’re looking to engage with a market research agency such as D&M Research and would like to better understand the market research process, then this course would also be for you.
On completion, participants should have a good understanding of:
- The quantitative research process
- The difference between quantitative and qualitative research and how the two approaches can support each other
- The key concepts in quantitative research design including sampling, questionnaire design, data collection methods, fieldwork issues etc
- The range of quantitative data collection methods available
- How to design a quantitative study to meet a specific client/research objective
- Analysis and presentation of quantitative findings.
Dates and times
Online (link provided after registration)
Members of The Research Society: AU$250